“Utterly insane synth! Absolutely stunning!” — BILLAIN
“Been playing with a synth called araucann. It went like this: press ‘randomize’ > ‘holy shit!’ > save preset > repeat. Love it :)” — Nik Roos (Noisia)
“It has infinite possibilities, and it’s so fun to work with. Absurd, in all the right ways!” — Emperor
“ommarunn & araucann are rare gems in a sea of software synths that stand out from the crowd. The nature of their design means one can quite easily stumble across unexpected and inspiring results while still retaining an excellent sound quality.” — Broken Note
“The araucann Randomizable synthesizer is very unique, in that you can get very interesting results very quickly with it. The internal modulation system is vast and will give you endless variations of infinite complexity!” — Richard Devine
“This synth is a crazy unhinged beast and I love it!” — Cliff Hanga (CLIFFY)
araucann is a randomizable synthesizer.
you can read a review about it from CDM (Create Digital Media)
It offers frequency modulation, amplitude (ring) modulation, phase modulation, additive and subtractive synthesis techniques, all at the same time. It has 6 filtered oscillators modulated by 32 envLFOs (envelopes and LFOs that interact with each other).
araucann does not rely on presets. It is completely randomizable and produces very complex and unique sounds at the push of a button.
- 6 oscillators.
- 33 envelopes.
- 32 LFOs.
- delay unit.
- reverb unit.
- modulated post filter unit.
- output math unit.
- unison and monophonic / polyphonic modes.
- randomization algorithms for global or per unit parameter randomization.
- Fully automatable controls.
- Preset saving and loading.
- Loudness protection / auto-gain function (no signal will be too loud or too quiet).
- Full SSE and SSE2 support.
(The sounds in the samples were created using araucann only. no other synths or effects were used.)
(the demo version mutes for one second every 33 seconds)
araucann is 32bit windows VST plug-in / standalone.
If you want to use it on a x64 DAW that does not already support bridging, take a look at this.
By purchasing araucann you get all future 1.xx versions for free (and also a discount for version 2)
(try the DEMO before you buy)
current version : 1.12
- “freezing” fixed / workaround. “freezing” now automatically sets gmm to zero and resets araucann
- optimized sine oscillators
- included INIT preset and button
- added phase control for every OSC and LFO
- changed DC offset removal algorithm
- added white noise oscillator
- all oscillators amplification range is now -1 … 1 instead of 0 … 1
- changed knob accuracy and resolution when shift is pressed
- set presets default folder to the plugin installation folder
- fixed some description typos
- fixed some preset saving/loading errors
- fixed an error in the main filter envelopes
- optimized envLFOs and oscillators
- optimized flanger and tremolo
- added square tremolo option
- fixed an error in output math
- changed compressor and auto-gain model
- fixed font issues
- fixed some tool-tip info
- LFOs are now free running and sync when host starts playback
- renamed knob labels
- fine tuned compressor
- optimized random LFO type
- added simple tempo calculations display